10 Ways to Use Binder Rings in the Classroom

My teacher tip for you today is hopefully going to give you a few more ways to use something simple in your classroom and solve a problem you didn't know you had.  


Over the years I have found that I kinda LOVE binder rings (among other random classroom supplies).  I've found so many different uses for binder rings in my classroom that they are now a MUST HAVE item for me.  So here are 10 different ways you can use them in your classroom.  Some you may already do, but maybe you will find another way to use them.

We'll start out simple, and a little obvious.

1.  Key Rings
Use it to hang your recess whistle on a lanyard or a quick and easy (no pinching finger) way to add keys.  Those other ones can cause serious injury!


2.  Bind Classroom Books



3.  Attach labels to bins or directions to center bins



4.  Keep washi tape organized
(I just really love washi tape so I was trying to find a way to incorporate it :)



5.  Hold flash cards or task cards together



6.  Attach those flash cards to a student's chair or desk



7.  Hanging up Beanie Babies for a reading strategy wall


8.  Holding a clip chart together



9.  Attach pocket charts or chart paper to an easel
When I moved into a different school in my district this year I was left with a lot of old items that no one else had wanted.  One of those things was my easel.  I really wanted an easel so I would take what I could get; however, this easel had a white board, but did not have a place to hold chart paper.  I also wasn't given a pocket chart stand, so I had to make do with what I had.  Here is how I fixed that problem.



10.  Hang pocket charts or chart paper on command hooks






Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my teacher tip.  If you enjoyed these ideas, please consider following my blog on Bloglovin' over on the side or following me on Facebook or Instagram.  

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you'll come back soon :)

10 comments:

  1. Ok, tips 9 and 10 will change my life! Thanks so much for sharing. Pinning!

    Nicole
    Mrs, Rios Teaches Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love binder clips too. Never thought of using them to hang stuffed animals to the wall! Love it!

    Jennifer from Simply Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I have several pocket charts to hang. I found a box of 24 Command hooks in my classroom today. I also have an extra pack of binder rings. I will set them up first thing Monday morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING this post! I love me some rings. Now I have more reasons to use/buy rings. Time to get some more! thank you for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They now sell binder rings at Dollar Tree! 10 for $1

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING IDEAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love practical posts! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete