March is here, so bring on Spring!


So here I am linking up with Farley for her monthly Currently.  It's a fun one - and she just got a new blog design by the amazing Michelle at 3AM Teacher.
Soooo cute - you have to check it out!


It's been a little bit since I've had a chance to blog lately, but I can't say that I am feeling too guilty about that since my time has been very well spent this last month.  Keep reading to find out why!


I'm wrapped up in a blanket right now with our heat turned up high because my body is having the hardest time readjusting to these freezing temperatures.  I know I have no right complaining because I did just go on the most amazing vacation EVER, but I don't care.  It's frickin' freezing out there!  Every time I set foot outside I feel as though the wind is ripping off a layer of my sun-kissed skin and sucking out the Vitamin D I was so graciously allowing to fill me up a week ago.  But in all honesty, I really cannot complain.  We had such a great time and I am so thankful to have had the chance to spend that time with my family - all 12 of us!  So I thought I would take a moment to share some of the memories we made.  

Starting with the airport.    

This was the first time my 2 year old was on a plane the my 5 year old was only on one as a baby - so needless to say I was a wee bit nervous about the plane ride.  I started packing our carry-on suitcases a month before we left because I wanted everything to be JUST right.  It turned out great with only a few minor moments of boredom.

We arrived to the most beautiful weather in the Dominican Republic.  We were staying in this gorgeous villa with our own pool, which was perfecto for the kiddos (mine and my sister's two kids).  


We spent most of our time on this beach - Serenity Beach!  There were beds, hammocks, and Lazy Loungers or bean bags with giant pillows to lay on.  I don't know about you, but I have never been to a beach like that before and once I was there - I NEVER wanted to leave.  Plus, I think I'm a little spoiled and will only be able to lay on a bean bag on the beach from now on.  I'll be Googling Lazy Lounger after I'm done typing this post.  


A Brazilian Steakhouse family picture.  This was the second night there.  We were really great about getting the sunscreen on the kids --- not so great about ourselves.  Just little bit burned that night! 


Sweet cousins!!!


My nephew's birthday party.  What better place to celebrate a birthday than in paradise??


We love to take silly selfies =)


And more beach fun!



Check out our little Island Girl in her braids.



So can you see why I wish I was still there????  

By the way -- this was also the reason why I need more time for my to-do list.  But I personally think it's a pretty good reason.  

And if you're wondering what my last one is---134 Days--- Farley decided to keep the question open and you could guess what the question/topic was.  So put your guesses in the comments if you feel like playing and then head on over to check out the rest of the Currently's for the month of March.  

Thanks for checking in!  =)


3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! Found you at Farley's linky. Your blog is adorable, and I'm your newest follower! I'm hoping and praying for spring to arrive, too! It has been a brutal winter here in Ontario. I've got only one week left until my hubby and I leave for Antigua! Can't wait to be warm again!

    Have a great week!
    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful vacation! I could use a beach right about now:)

    ReplyDelete