12 Days of Christmas Read Alouds

Day 11

Mooseltoe by Margie Palatini


I had never heard of this book before, but now I LOVE it!  What a cute story about a moose who just wants everything to go right for Christmas...but her forgot the Christmas tree.  Uh-oh!!!  I would definitely recommend using this cute little book around Christmas time with your kiddos.  Who doesn't love a moose with a mustache.  :-)  

Check out these 3 great freebies that go along with this adorable read aloud.  

The first one I liked because it involved using some new language that I hadn't used before - Strong Thought.  She does a nice job of first explaining what a strong thought is and then has 3 cute activities to go with it.  Click HERE to get it!!!




The next one covers the basics that you would want for any story --- sequencing, story elements, and summarizing.  It has different leveled worksheets to use with your class.  I used the cut and paste sequencing events and glued them onto some cute holiday stationary that I got at Dollar Tree.   
To pick this one up click HERE and enjoy!


This last one is from 2 Brainy Apples.  
They have really great ideas and this packet is full of them too!!!  This packet seems to be better suited for 2nd or 3rd grade - so if that's your thing then I would definitely check out this freebie.  
Click HERE to get it!



Hope you like this cute little Christmas book!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment