Penguin Projects and Dental Health

We finally finished our penguin unit!  Because of testing, other holidays, and so much more - it took a long time to get through our penguin unit.  Maybe that's really because I didn't want it to end :-)  It's amazing how much fun we had learning about these adorable little guys.  I love me some penguins!!!!

We completed our Penguin research writing and the kids did SUCH A FANTASTIC JOB!!!  I didn't get pictures of their writing, but of course I didn't forget to get some shots of the craftivity...


You can click on this picture to grab your own penguin unit! 
 


We also wrote our own penguin word problems.  We started out by counting out and acting out word problems using these penguin crackers, which by the way are SUPER YUMMY!  I highly recommend them!  


Then we wrote our own word problems and used printed out clipart penguins from Aisne's Creations.  Aren't they perfectly realistic?!?!?



This is my first year in first grade, so it's my first time teaching penguins and it is ABSOLUTELY my favorite unit so far!  I'm already thinking of new ideas for next year.  

We also finally fit in some Dental Health activities --- yes I'm a little late, but oh well. 

Dental Health


It includes some Fact Cards that can be printed or projected in your classroom along with some vocabulary and comprehension activities.



A How-To Flip Book on brushing your teeth, a craft, and a reader. 


And of course, what's dental health without some Tooth Fairy fun?!?!?  What does she do with all those teeth anyway??? 


Check out these fun activities by clicking below.





1 comment: