Monday, November 19, 2012

Turkeys on Strike!


 Of course turkeys would be on strike this time of year!  My little ones made these adorable turkeys who are trying to convince people to "Save a Turkey!  Eat more ________!"  The ones pictured chose beef jerky, Cheetos, and chocolate chip cookies.  



They had to come up with the "Top 3 Reasons why you should eat ______ for Thanksgiving instead of turkey".  We had brainstormed describing words before completing this activity and we focused on writing complete sentences. 

The kids and I had a great time with these.  If you'd like to grab the signs and writing paper, click HERE!  I am still working on getting the patterns on the computer, but I don't think that will happen before Thanksgiving this year :(  There's always next year!

8 comments:

  1. Super Cute activity! I've pinned it for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I recently started following you and I recently was nominated for the lobster award and now I am awarding you! Check out my blog for details!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Great for Author's Purpose persuasive writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute piece! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Thank you! Do you know a book that can go along with this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have the turkey pattern by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this is really cute! I am focusing on complete sentences and this works really well.

    ReplyDelete