Saturday, June 28, 2014

Weekend Warriors: Pinspirational June

I'm so excited to be participating in this Weekend Warriors blog hop with some amazing bloggers.  
This month's theme is Pinspirational June.  I mean - who doesn't love Pinterest???  Honestly, as a teacher, Pinterest is like the City of Gold.  So many amazing ideas and so little time.  I love pinterest because I am a visual person and need to see things and not just read about them.  There are so many inspirations for my classroom and my life that I've found on Pinterest, but of course we all know that those ideas came from real people and not just Pinterest itself.  I just love how we can find all those great ideas in one place.  I've discovered so many talented, brilliant bloggers and other sites to follow by  clicking on pins.  

So for my post today I could seriously go ON and ON and ON and .... you get the picture .... of things I have tried or want to try from Pinterest.  Instead I decided to pick only a couple things that I have found to be VERY useful.  Since this is a blog hop, I know you will get TONS of great ideas.  Each picture is directly from Pinterest and if you click on the picture you will go to that pin.  I did this so you could be linked back to the person who had the brilliant idea.  

Pinspiration #1 - New Student bags prepared before school starts for those surprise students who come in the middle of the year.  This was so easy to do when I was preparing my classroom in August and then I had it ready to go when a new student came.  The things I included in my bag were: nametag, cubby tag, parent information folder, cafeteria number necklace, a copy of our specials schedule, labels for their Daily Math folder and Writing folders.  


Pinspiration #2 - Organizing extra crayons by color.  Duh - right?  
I used the small plastic drawers for this and plan to make cute labels for the drawers.  This is so perfect because I am always finding crayons on the floor and don't know who they belong to.  Kids are always looking for a specific color and can't find it.  So I use this like a lost and found and it has eliminated so many of those little issues that arise.  


Pinspiration #3 - Writing Goals Chart
The reason I like this one so much is I am always trying to find ways for my students to be accountable for what they need to work on and this visual is up as a reminder.  I also love that they can celebrate if they achieve a goal and move to another one.  It's so simple, but such an important thing for little learners.  


And finally - just a funny little picture I saw on Pinterest that made me smile.  


Below you will see the links to the other bloggers who are joining us this month.  Check out each one and be Pinspired.  Also check back tomorrow for Day 2 of our Weekend Warriors hop.  

If you would like to check out some of my Pinterest boards you can click on the link below.    

Thanks for stopping by - have a day full of smiles!


7 comments:

  1. That shirt cracks me up! I love the New Student Bags - such a DUH idea!

    Slainte,
    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put together extra paperwork packets for new students, but I love how you put in all the labels and name tags they'll need. Yep, adding that to the summer "to do" list! I also love your crayon storage! I wish I had the space for that.

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new student bags are such a time saver! I do something similar and I love the feeling of getting the new kid settled right away! Great idea.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those new student bags are such a fantastic idea! I will definitely have to steal that idea for my classroom!! I've asked my hubby if he'd wear that shirt...I got a NO. LOL!! :)
    Aris
    Sailing into Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shirt? Pretty sure my husband needs it :)
    Thank you for sharing your amazing ideas!

    Cori in TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, girly!!!! LOVE that you put all the New Student stuff in a ziplock! I have a tub and dump all the stuff in there and then rifle through for what's needed, but you NAILED it...how easy to do as you get ready for everyone for the school year!! Brill.
    Muah - Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used the new student info in ziplocs too. It saved me so much time last year. I also separate my crayons by color. Actually, I've done all the things you posted. Great minds think alike! :)

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete