Friday, April 25, 2014

Five for Friday-Spring Break or Bust?

SPRING BREAK OR BUST!!!

Actually, for me Spring Break was a BUST :(

I'll get to that in a minute.

First off, I will just let you know that I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday today.  Always a pleasure to join in this one.  Click on the button to check out the other links too.  


Ok, back to my slightly depressing Five for Friday.  Not entirely depressing, but a little disappointing I guess is a better word.  I'm sure I have you on the edge of your seat wondering why, so I'll get right to it.

This was my Spring Break week, which usually means that I can be found lounging around in my PJ's for sometimes days on end.  I get to hang out with my sweet daughters.  I get to catch up on TV.  I get to hang out with my girlfriends and drink some wine.  I even get to check off some things on my to-do list and start or possibly even finish some projects around the house.  

But unfortunately, as of the first day of my spring break - I have been sick.  
Yep - Influenza A attacked with a vengeance!!!  
I got it and then I was nice enough to give it to both my daughters and my husband.  
I'm so good at sharing!  

When they all got it, we were able to get them Tamiflu, but unfortunately I was too far in to take it.  So luckily for them, they only got a mini-flu.  I, on the other hand, got to experience the full blown flu!  

The only positive thing is I got many check-ups from my little Doc McStuffins complete with singing and dancing.  


So I guess I actually did have a week at home with my girls in my PJ's.  
And yes, we did catch up on TV - mostly Disney Junior.  
But unfortunately that is about all we did, and all I could handle.  
I did not get to any projects around the house.  
I did not get to hang out with my girlfriends and drink some wine.  
I didn't even get to go to the park with these two sweeties.  
So for me, Spring Break has been a bust!  

That means it must be time to start the countdown to summer I guess!  Who's with me???

Even though this week wasn't all I had dreamed it would be - there are a few things to celebrate and share.  So moving in a more positive direction - my youngest daughter Hannah turned 3 on Monday!!!  (Yes right in the middle of all the flu fun mentioned above).  Our little Hannah is just the sweetest, sassiest little thing.  She makes me smile and laugh out loud everyday.  She loves to snuggle and give kisses, but she loves even more to make people laugh.  I have a class clown in the making!  She loves to dress up, sing along to Disney movies, and run around like crazy.  She is a shining star and we love her dearly!  



This is a little late in the sharing department, but I wanted to share anyway.  We made this adorable bulletin board a couple weeks ago and it came out so cute.  I got the idea on Instagram from the incomparable Debbie Clement and figured it was quick and cute (my two favorite things) - and a fun way to celebrate the season.   

I did accomplish 1 thing on my to-do list for this week while lounging on the couch and that was my final two monthly installments of my Powerful Prompts - May and June.  I also bundled the WHOLE year together and gave it a great discount.  This is just about the only thing I can feel productive over from my week off, so I have both May and June on sale right now to celebrate.  

     

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Melissa-Machan/Search:powerful%20prompts

I don't really have anything else to share for #5 - so I will just end with a funny ecard.  
So true!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man, sorry you were sick over spring break. That happened to me over Christmas break one year - definitely not the way to spend a vacation. Your daughter is adorable! Glad you got to spend the extra time with her!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete