Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April is Here!

I don't know about you, but March is always such a loooooooong month that by the time April is here I feel such a sense of accomplishment.  Maybe it's the freezing cold temperatures we had all winter long, but April always brings an audible sigh of relief along with it.  

Ahhhh - we're three-quarters of the way through the year.  
Ahhhh - spring weather is starting to show its face.

Sidenote - In case it wasn't clear, that "Ahhhh" was my audible sigh of relief not me yelling "Ahhhhh!".  That would most definitely have had an extra "h" in it and be followed by an exclamation point *obviously* - LOL!
(I felt the need to clarify because I'm never sure if I know how to write the correct letters for things like this, but hopefully context took over there.)

So unless you've been under a rock (or are new to the blogging world) - you've heard about Farley's Currently link up on the 1st of each month.  I try to join as much as I can because it's such a fun party, so I'm happy to be here linking up today.  


*Currently I'm LISTENING to animal planet in the background while I type away.  The kids are in bed and I've taken my usual post on the couch with my computer while my hubby gets to control the remote for a little bit.  Great quality time - right?  #lifewithkids  #wereworkingondoingmoredatenights 

*I'm LOVING that the weather today was in the 50s!!!!  The sun was shining and I wasn't freezing during recess today.  I was just so happy to actually be able to be outside for recess, let alone enjoy the sunshine.  I got home and my girls rode their bikes and played outside for an hour before dinner.  I just LOVE spring!

*I'm THINKING I can't wait for spring break.  It's super late this year so it seems a long time coming, but it will so nice when it's here.

*Currently I'm WANTING my students to take more pride in their work.  Lately they have all been happy to throw a name on a paper (some forgetting even that) and scribble a couple words and a quick sketch of a picture with one, maybe two, color crayons.  Ugh!!!  Time to bust out the positive reinforcement!  Stickers, anyone?  "Oh, wow!  I am so impressed with Billy's paper.  He gets TWO stickers today!!!  Did everyone see how hard Billy worked on his paper.  Maybe I'll hang it up in the front of the room so you can look at whenever you'd like."  Fingers crossed this works :)

*I'm definitely NEEDING to get started on my report cards.  I have a little bit of time, but I do not want to wait until the last minute.  Praying for some motivation!

*Finally, my hours each day are 8:15-3:25 and the kids are there from 8:20-3:10.  Our last day is not until June 26th.  It is suuuuuuuper late this year.  My antsy kiddos (and their antsy teacher) are going to have to spice things up so we can make it that long.  

So now you know what I am currently doing as April begins.  

One more thing - if you are one of my sweet followers who inquires about my Powerful Prompts packs each month - April has now been out and you can grab it HERE if you'd like it.  


Take care sweet friends!


5 comments:

  1. June 26th is a long time...I feel for you and your kiddos! Enjoy your spring break. We only get 2 days off this week for our spring break because we're making up snow days! :(

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting your kids to take more pride in their work! I will need to bust out my stickers, too. I usually put a smiley face on papers, but stickers sound awesome! Thanks for the idea. :)
    Your Powerful Prompts pack looks AWESOME!

    Happy Teaching,
    Cassie
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store
    Follow Me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. June 26th??? We START July 25! Last day May 30...first day July 25 (I think it's a FRIDAY!)..Oh well...Enjoy your week! Wendy 1stgradefireworks 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going Ahhhh with you! March is too long and was too cold this year! It's time for spring! My school goes until June 24, so I feel your pain with the long year. You can make it! Hope the last part the year is the best part for you!

    Also, I too wish my students would do their best. I told them that at this point in the year, I expect their work to look more like second grade work and definitely not like kindergarten work anymore.

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. June 24th!!! When do you start back to school?

    My husband and I need more date nights too! But four children usually put a kink in our plans :-)

    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete