Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"Reality" and Winners

Hey, hey friends and followers!!!  I know I said I was going to post the winners yesterday after the Bachelorette "finale", but here's what went down.... (if you are rolling your eyes at the thought of Bachelorette and not a fan, just skip this next paragraph).

First of all, I didn't realize that last night was not the actual finale.  I was waiting for the "most dramatic finale in Bachelorette history" as Chris Harrison always promises and forgot that of course it would be a 4 hour finale that takes place over 2 weeks.  Duh!!!  What was I thinking?  So I sat down on the couch with my laptop and starting watching.  I got up to the first Fantasy Suite invitation.  Let's stop there for a second - each season I think, there's just no way they will keep the exact same wording on the Fantasy Suite invitation AGAIN!  But, shockingly, they DO!!  I know it word for word by now and always wonder how they even read it out loud without a smirk or sarcastic comment.  We all know what it's going to say and yet somehow they are always *surprised* to read it.  So somewhere along my disappointment of the lack of creativity of Chris Harrison, I fell asleep on the couch and woke up a few hours later with a kink in my neck and my laptop still on my lap.  I had DVR'd the show so I quickly watched the ending (Poor Des!) and went to bed.  Sorry for not posting when I promised.

So here are the winners......


#14 was Melinda and #6 was Roxanne.  
I will be emailing you shortly - Congratulations!

Before I end for tonight, I just have to share that I work with some pretty amazing people!  For the last two days I have been working with 3 of my fellow first grade teachers on a Math summer project.  I can't say I was eager to get back to work (even for a few days), but these ladies made it SO MUCH BETTER!!!  We did get a lot of work done, but we also took some much needed sanity breaks.  During these breaks we laughed about our husbands, ate some delicious homemade cookies, took a nice lunch break, and watched screaming goats on YouTube singing Whitney Houston (seriously, check it out because it's hilarious)!  

I'm a lucky girl! I hope you all have people like this that you work with - because sharing laughs and watching stupid YouTube videos with colleagues really makes our job so much better.  =)


1 comment:

  1. I'm lucky to have a great team too. We like to watch Melissa McCarthy skits on SNL. The next few days every time we see each other we laugh all over again and try to sound like her. So funny!
    Catherine
    First Grade Top Dogs

    ReplyDelete