Saturday, July 6, 2013

Favorite Pins, Winners and a Freebie

So here I am again, joining a Friday link on a SATURDAY!!!  I guess I'm just not meant to be a Friday blogger.  When I was linking up with Doodle Bugs for their Five for Friday linky I was always late too.  So this time I am linking up with Cara Carroll from The First Grade Parade (Love her!!!) for this Favorite Pins Friday linky.  


My first two pins are some ideas for the first weeks of school.  I know we all spend time on All About Me activities.  I think it's great to take time to recognize each student and make them part of our classroom community right from the beginning.  Spend time talking about what makes them special and what we all have in common and how we are all different.  In doing this I think the students open up quicker, feel safe and comfortable in the classroom, and have the opportunity to be heard.  Here are a couple things I plan on doing the first weeks to draw attention to each child in my room.  

This is from Growing Kinders.  
She has a bunch of Daily News ideas and I loved this one with using a student's name each day.  


This is from Mrs. Lee's Kindergarten.  She has a bunch of All About Me graphs in this post.  Very cute!


 This is the AMAZING Ashley Hughes at the School Supply Addict.  She has collected A TON of classroom photos and what teacher doesn't like looking into other's classrooms and finding inspiration (or in this case, PINspiration!)



Finally, here is a link to The Bubbly Blonde who is my new Blog idol!  She has tons of great ideas and seems to be so organized.  Ugh - to be more organized is my lifelong goal!!!  Here is a link to how she does her guided reading groups and a little about literacy centers too.  I love reading things that make me want to be a better teacher.  


And now a quick food pin...

CLEAN Banana Bread without the oil and sugar from "8 Weeks to a Better You Recipes".  I LOVE banana bread, so I am SO hoping this recipe also tastes good because then I can have banana bread ALL THE TIME!!!!  


If you want to follow me on Pinterest just click HERE.  
I've reorganized and added some new boards :-)

Next order of business:
I picked a winner for my Bloglovin giveaway!  Congratulations Julia!!!!  I'll be emailing you soon.

Thank you all so much for entering and joining me on Bloglovin.  
Welcome to any new followers!!!!!



And finally ---- the Freebie I promised.  

I know there are TONS of great products out there that include Teacher Binder covers and other organizational printables.  I made just a couple that I knew I was going to need and hopefully you will too.  


I wanted to share this with my new and old followers to say thank you for continuing to follow me.   I hope you will be able to use these.  Click the cover picture below to grab yours!!!!


While you're downloading these binder covers you can also get another freebie that I just added to my TpT store.  Click the picture below to take you there.


Thanks for stopping by - have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my...that banana nut bread looks delicious! I might have to try that soon! :)
    Heidi
    http://missheld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete