Friday, July 12, 2013

Favorite Pins and Phonics "Ph"riends

I am linking up with Cara Carroll from The First Grade Parade for this Favorite Pins Friday linky again.    And can you believe that I am actually linking up on the day of the linky?????  I'm proud of myself :D



Here are a few of my favorite pins that I've pinned lately:


Can't wait to use these this year in my classroom!!!


What a great idea!



Super cute and easy!






This is gorgeous!!!


If you want to see more of what I'm pinning, you can follow me on Pinterest.  

Now here is what I've been working on lately...

Phonics is usually not very fun to teach - right?  Spelling and word work can get a little boring sometimes.  I know my students are not huge fans of worksheet after worksheet (and neither am I) and let's be honest - most reading programs have some pretty boring worksheets.  

So I decided to find a much cuter way of teaching phonics by linking them to different characters.  My kids LOVED it!!!!!  Since I started in the middle of last year, I began with Digraphs and then went on to Blends.  In these packs I have character linked to each blend, reference cards and posters, printables, and 5 different literacy centers in each one.  Your students will practice by reading, tracing, writing, drawing, sorting, and more!

Here are the my blends packets individually and then bundled together.  Stay tuned for a more detailed post to look at these packs (I just have to print them out so I can take better pictures), but if you want to see them in more detail now you can click on them below.  

        


I am now going back to the beginning of the year and working on some packs for short vowels.  I can't wait to bring a little life to word work this year with my kiddos.   I hope you'll check these out and if you do, let me know what you think!!!

And don't forget to check out Cara's linky!

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through this linky. I'm your newest follower. I love those math graphing boxes...great idea! That basement is a dream...I wish!

    Wallis
    First Grade Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned the scholastic sort too. Isn't that a great idea! We started a new phonics system last year that I love and teaches kids the "why" behind spelling. Your packs look great!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the math graphing and make your own washi tape!!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete