Saturday, April 6, 2013

Five for Friday Linky


I am thrilled to be linking up with Doodle Bugs for their Five for Friday Linky.  This one works well for me - five random things about my week.  I am a random kind of person, so here's an excuse to do just that.  

#1 - If you've read my posts from earlier this week you might have seen that we had some very unwelcome snow hit us on Monday and Tuesday.  Not the way I wanted to start my Spring Break.  Here is what it looked like:

 

So as I put on my Facebook page - if God gives you lemons you make lemonade, so I guess if he gives you unwanted snow ---- you make a snowman!  My oldest daughter was super excited about this one.  We made it right on our deck so we could look at from inside =)


Since I'm sure you are all SO curious about what my weather looks like today --- here's another picture of that snowman the very next day when the sun came back to town.  Bye bye Frosty ----- you can come back again next year!


#2 - As I mentioned, this is my Spring Break.  Of course I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to, but it was nice to relax and enjoy time with my girls.  So here are a couple pics of my "wild and crazy"  (ha ha) Spring Break.  

Here we are at Friendly's for lunch.

We also went to the zoo with my mom, niece, and nephew. 

Then, my oldest and dearest friend is about ready to pop with her second baby so we had a little shower for her.  I tried to put a ton of ribbon on the gift so it would distract her from noticing that I used wedding wrapping paper.  As only a true friend would do --- she just giggled!  At least the colors went together, right?

And here are my little cuties right after seeing the Easter Bunny in the mall.  Doesn't this just melt your heart???

#3 - So I never really posted much about Easter and what we did in our classroom, so here are just a couple pics.  Sorry they are late.

We made these adorable little hats to wear all day long.  I told my kids that I had some Easter magic and as soon as I placed this on their heads they were bunnies.  As each child completed theirs I placed it on their heads and said "POOF!!  Now you're a bunny!"  So what do you think they did ----- that's right, they hopped around the classroom.  It was actually so cute!



 We did some Jelly Bean math where we sorted, counted, and graphed some yummy Starburst jelly beans.  Aren't those the absolute best???  We shared our data and made some comparisons.  The Common Core Gods would have been pleased with the discussions going on that day =)



#4 - I am all about linkies this week!!!!!  Aren't they so fun?!?!  You should really head over to Open Door Classroom to check out this linky.  Erin is doing this as a weekly linky where you ask a question that you want advice on and when people link up, they also give some advice to your question.  This is a great idea for a linky.  This past week I saw her question, How do you handle the "turn-in" basket papers?  I gave my own advice but haven't linked up a new question yet.  I plan on going back to link up when I think of a good one.   

I also started my own linky this week, which is also about asking questions.  It's called Let's Talk About Blogs, Baby!  I'd love if you would link up with your answers to these blogging questions and then ask a question of your own.  I've really enjoyed reading what everyone has to say.  


#5 - My goal this week was to finish at least one of the products I am working on.  So last night, at 2:00 AM I finally did!!!!  I am currently in the middle of about 5 different products, but I needed to just focus my efforts on one.  So I thought it made the most sense to finish my Spring centers since I am planning on starting them in 2 weeks.  After I start using them with my kiddos I will post some pictures, but if you want to check them out you can head to my store.  I'm thrilled with how they turned out!


I am sad to see my Spring Break end, but I am SUPER excited for Spring so bring on the SUNSHINE!!!!!




11 comments:

  1. Melissa, your girls are adorable! So nice that you had time to spend with them this week on Spring Break!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They light up even the dreariest days =)

      Delete
  2. Your girls are so cute!! Love those bunny hats in your classroom.

    Sara
    Primary Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My students loved the bunny hats too ---- and who am I kidding, so did I :-)

      Delete
  3. Adorable picture of your girls! And those bunny hats are so cute!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Anything to make our learning a little more fun =)

      Delete
  4. I really like the cover of your spring packet! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been anxious for Spring to begin so I took great pride in making a super colorful cover. I had a lot of fun making this packet. Can't wait to use it with my kiddos and post some pics! =)

      Delete
  5. Hi Melissa!

    Your girls are precious! It's so hard to believe that you're getting snow in April! Down here in Texas, it's a sunny 70 something degrees! =) I love the Easter activities your class was doing and will have to remember those for next year. Jellybean graph? MMM!

    Love your blog and I'm your newest follower!

    Jenn
    Cuddle Bugs Teaching

    ReplyDelete