Saturday, March 9, 2013

Donate to Help Cure Cancer


This is probably the most adorable girl in the entire world (besides my daughters of course)...


Her name is Anastasia, she is 9 years old, and she is a former student of mine.  Ana has decided to join up with St. Baldrick's Foundation to raise money for cancer research.  She has chosen to shave her head and donate her hair to locks of love.  In doing this, she is trying to reach her goal of raising $5,000 for cancer research.  


Ana stood up in front of our whole school on Friday at our Character Ed Assembly to tell her story.  Can you imagine being a beautiful 9 year old girl and coming up with this idea to shave off all your hair????  Not many people would do it, but Little Miss Ana would!  She is quite the little girl!  

Here are some of her words:

Hi, my name is Anastasia. I am 9 years old and go to Bridgeport Elementary. Did you know that close to 200,000 kids are diagnosed with cancer each year. Did you know that every three minutes a child and their family find out they will have to fight cancer. When the kids with cancer have their treatments they lose their hair. I can not imagine how hard it must be to go through that. I have lost a few of the people I love to cancer and I miss them very much! I hope that by shaving my hair I can show my support for the kids going through this and help raise money to find a cure for this disease so children and families won't have to go through this. I will also be donating the hair that is shaved to the Locks of Love. The Locks of Love uses real hair to make wigs for kids going through cancer treatment.

My goal is to raise $5,000 for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation. If you would like to join me in supporting this cause, please click the link on my page and donate what you can. Every little bit helps :)

Thank you so much for helping me show these kids they are not alone:)
Anastasia


I would really love if some of my wonderful followers would be willing to donate to this amazing little girl's goal.  I will give away an item of your choice to anyone who is willing to donate at least $10.  Here is the link to donate:  

If you donate $10 or more, leave me a comment here with your email and the item that you would like from my store.  

Thank you all in advance!  I will post more pictures when I get some better ones :-)



1 comment:

  1. This is such a touching story! What an amazing girl and example to all of us! I'd love to see more pictures. I read this and thought I'd live to donate! But my husband is in Grad school and money is always crazy in that situation. I handed the phone to my husband and told him to read your post while I got ready for bed...when I came back he was donating $10! It was a very pleasant surprise. :) tell Anastasia we hope she gets all the money she's hoping for and she is such a special girl!!
    Are you sure you want to give something from your store? I feel bad getting something in return for such a wonderful cause. Thank you for being so generous. If you are sure then I would love to have your Common Core Math Centers. Thank you so much. I hope you get a lot of donations!

    Thank you,
    Melissa
    Jungle Learners
    Junglelearners@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete