Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I'm a Slacker!

Oh my goodness ----- I am such a slacker!!!!!!!  Do you ever throw yourself into your work so much for a couple weeks that you are literally thinking about work while you're sleeping????  Well, I definitely do!  So that was how the month of January was for me.  It was a new year and I was pumped!  I wanted to create a bunch of new units and things to use in my classroom.  So, I did!  Every day I was working on something for my classroom.  I didn't sleep much at all in January.  I had planned my way through February for the most part.  

But........then February hit and I hit a wall!  I lost my ambition.  This was just, I think, the halfway through the year burnout time.  It's the middle of winter.  It's cold.  The kids start to get antsy.  I seem to have less patience.  I miss the sunshine and warmth.  I miss recess outside and so do the kids.  I need to be rejuventated! 

So now I'm on vacation and enjoying my week off DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!  I know I should be doing something, but mentally I just need a break.  I haven't even been blogging lately.  I have kept up with reading the wonderful blogs I follow, but that was as far as I went.  So, I am now trying to get myself back in the game!  I do hope that Punxsutawney Phil was right and spring is coming soon because I know that will help, too.  I must say I am disappointed in myself and my lack of blogging even more when I think of the fact that we have been doing some SERIOUSLY fun things in my classroom and I haven't been sharing.  I vow to be better (hopefully).    

So here I am, trying to get back to it, and here are a couple overdue items I've been meaning to discuss......

First of all ---- I was so honored to be featured by Renee over at Fantastic First Grade Froggies.  And this is how bad I am.....she featured me 2 WEEKS AGO and I'm just blogging about it now.  I'm so sorry Renee!  Thanks a bunch for finding me worthy to feature and I will try harder to BE worthy in the future.  Click HERE if you would like to check out the post.  


Next up is a great Linky over at A Perfectly Poetic Page.  If you are also in need of some sunshine, then head on over to her Spring Fling themed linky and check out the awesome products that are linked up.  Thanks so much for hosting, Tracy, and congrats on 50 followers!


Speaking of followers-------I wasn't able to get anything together for when I hit 100 followers back in January, so once spring hits, I'm hoping to be able to get together a giveaway.  AND maybe, just maybe I will be able to get to 200 followers by that time.  Fingers crossed!!!!  

So thanks to all of you for sticking with me and checking in to see what I've been doing.   :-)

2 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    I have had a case of the winter blues lately too! So glad to know I am not the only one!
    Here's to sunnier, warmer, more inspiring days ahead!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!!! Thanks for positive outlook :)

      Melissa

      Delete