Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 Reflections and New Year's Linky

2012 Reflections

I like to think back on the past year and how lucky I am for so many reasons.   I don't know how I got so lucky, but I do think I need to take the time to recognize the wonderful blessings in my life.   Here are just a few of the reasons why I am so blessed....

#1 - I have the best, most loving family in the entire world.  My two daughters make me smile everyday.  My husband is my rock.  I am so fortunate to have a brother and sister who I have great relationships with and who I have so much fun with - especially around the holidays.  I am also so blessed to still have my Nana, my mom, stepdad, dad, aunts, uncles and cousins and of course my in-laws who are always there for us!  I am so happy to say that my family is happy and healthy - who could ask for any more than that?? 

#2 - I have such kind, supportive friends who never let me down.  I have so much fun with each of them whether it's a text or phone conversation or getting together for dinner and drinks.  I am truly honored to call them friends!

#3 - I LOVE my job!!!!!!!  I just switched to 1st grade this year after the last 8 years in 3rd grade.  I loved my 3rd graders and was worried that maybe I wouldn't like 1st grade as much.  But this year, even though it's been difficult switching grade levels, I have found that I really adore my little firsties and am having SO much fun!!!  I have 21 wonderful families who have allowed me to spend time with their children each and every day.  We have so much fun and I am always so impressed with how much information they can soak up every minute and how far they have come just since the beginning of the year.  WOW!  It's truly amazing!  

There are so many things in my life to be thankful for, but these 3 are the most important.  I hope you can all say the same for your life!  


NOW for the linky party for New Year's.  I linked up with Ms. M at Teaching is a Gift for a fun linky.  
Check it out HERE 

Teachingisagift

I linked my New Year's Glyph




Go check out my glyph and the entire linky party for some great new ideas for a new year!

Here's hoping everyone has a new year filled with lots of love, happiness, laughter, and good fortune! 

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,
    Thanks for the SHOUT OUT! You rock girl! I saw this on Pinterest and thought...who ELSE is holding a New Year Linky Party??? And it's ME! Great post, and thanks for linking up a great product! Happy, Healthy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete