Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Last minute Halloween Crafts

Since I've switched grade levels this year to first grade (after the last 9 years in 3rd) I feel like I am only able to plan minute by minute.  I guess I didn't realize it was almost Halloween and I should probably change my bulletin boards.  Especially since I look down my hallway at school and see all of my fellow teachers with such amazing bulletin boards - I have to step it up!  :)

So I thought of a couple cute projects to do in the next few days and put up outside.  The first one is these cute word spiders on a glitter web.  It ties in with this week's spelling words in Treasures - consonant blends with "l".  This is a whole lot better than the T-charts or foldables that we've been doing.  Here it is:

L Blend Spooky Spiders




(I realized after doing this that I REALLY like glitter.)

Candy Corn Counting Craft

Here's to Pinterest for this quick math craft:
(if you know where the idea originated from, please send me a message so I can credit them)


And for more Halloween ideas to do in the classroom, check out my new 

Halloween Literacy Pack


It includes this adorable original book called Three Little Witches with some fun comprehension activities.


There's also some activities to go along with the books: Room on the Broom and The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything.


Finally, it includes a Witches' Brew Recipe and craft, What's Inside my Haunted House student book, and a noun and adjective sort. 



 We have so much fun with this pack in October!  



No comments:

Post a Comment